Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Need To Video Record A Band?

Heart 
Hello,
I'm in a band called Resonance out of Montreal, Quebec. We were looking for a way to record an upcoming gig. Our biggest concern is the sound of course. I did some research and found an excellent solution, rent a zoom q8n-4k. It includes 4k, 1080, etc,  video resolution. 
This is a video camcorder that is made to record music! It has two microphones & can accept two more with XLR/TLS connectors. It can also supply phantom power to condenser mics.  So you can record with 4 microphones. You can use the XLR to connect to a mixer and record directly from there. 
It includes; 
— It supports a wide angle view of 160 degrees. 
— You can record as a single MOV file. All other options record the audio and video into separate files.
— Supports recording audio up to 96KHZ/24bit
— It has an AUTO mode for changing brightness in the recording automatically. There is also a concert mode.
— Visual clipping indicators so you can adjust the recording level properly.
— Mixer settings adjusts the highs and lows.
— Includes effects like compression and others effects. 

These are just some of the settings I retained after watching some YouTube videos & checking out the User Manual. For Video editing I use https://app.clipchamp.com/ A FREE Video editor.

I ended up buying myself one of these Q8N-4K cameras for Christmas. I purchased the camera, a carrying case, and a few extra batteries. Search around there are deals to be had on the Camera with I paid $409 CAD, and approx $17 for two extra batteries. All brand new of course, nothing used. The average retail price for the Cam is $540, and $35 for each battery.